How to Turn Off 5G on Any Device
The new 5G technology is fast and enables the interconnectedness of many devices, but there are some downsides, such as considerable battery usage, especially if you’re using apps like Skype, Facebook, Fitbit or Uber, or running social media apps in the background.
You might also want to turn off 5G to reduce your radio frequency radiation (RFR) exposure when the phone is not in use. Can you turn off 5G? Fortunately, you can. There are easy ways to switch off 5G on any device. Keep reading to learn how to turn off 5G on iPhones and Android phones and tablets.
Why You Might Want to Turn Off 5G
Turning off 5G may seem like a strange thing to do, but there are two primary reasons why you may wish to do this.
- Save Battery Power – In addition to energy-hogging apps, a cell phone uses battery power as it searches for and tries to establish a signal. If you’re in an area with a weak signal, even if you’re not using the phone, it will continue to use up the battery trying to find a connection.
- Minimize Your RF Exposure - Research has found that exposure to electromagnetic radiation has negative health effects. For high-band 5G, the 25-39 GHz or millimeter wave (mmWave) spectrum is used, requiring many small transmitters to make up for the limited range. This raises the concern of additional EMF radiation from a multitude of new radiating transmitters.
How To Disable 5G
If you want to save power or lessen your RF exposure, turning off 5G is a fast and easy process. Here’s how to turn off 5G on the most popular devices.
For iPhones and iPads
Both these devices use the iOS operating system. Therefore, you’ll find the mobile network options in the same location.
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data.
- Select LTE.
- Note: After your device installs an update, it may automatically switch back to 5G. If this happens, you’ll need to change it again.
For Android Phones and Tablets
Android smartphones and tablets both store network information in the same place.
- Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode.
- Select all options without “5G” in the title.
- Note: After an update, your device will reset to use the 5G network again, so you’ll need to do this procedure after a system update is installed.
Of course, when you switch off 5G, you won’t be able to take advantage of the benefits that this new technology has to offer, such as greater speed and less latency than 4G, as well as improved bandwidth. If EMF exposure is your primary concern, there is another way to eliminate your risk, without having to give up 5G and your devices.
How To Use 5G Without RF Radiation Exposure
To be able to freely use all your devices and 5G without worrying about your RF radiation exposure, explore 5G phone radiation protection from EMF Harmony. Our proven technology uses a bio-energetic approach to harmonize electromagnetic radiation and support your body.